Incorporated 1903, Willamina was named for Willamina Creek, which was named for pioneer Willamina Williams.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,844 people residing in the city. There were 666 households out of which 39% had children under the age of 18 living with them.
The Town of Willamina is located in Yamhill County - 25 miles WNW of Salem with part of the Siuslaw National Forest and Van Duzer Forest Corridor Wayside State Park to the West.
The Pacific Face Brick Company moved to Willamina in 1907, where it was renamed Willamina Clay Products. Its specialty decorative bricks were favored by some architects of the Northwest Regional style from the 1930s through the 1950s. Pietro Belluschi, for example, used Willamina bricks in the Portland Art Museum (1932; 1938). Willamina was Oregon's last major brick maker; it closed in 1974. Oregon Historical Records